Friday, April 23, 2010

Far eastern delights


Yesterday Rudy introduced me to the delights of the coconut chicken curry at La Esquina, which he had previously tagged as part of his 'Cosmpolitan Antigua' series. It has a mild nutty flavour, which made us think of Vietnamese or Malaysian cooking, but without the fieryness.

I have to say I've been a bit sceptical about some of the advertisements in Antigua for authentically far-flung cuisines ever since I tried the green curry at Cafe Flor a while ago. But this is pretty close to being the real deal, and not bad value at little over Q50.

I particularly like the way they serve the water there: in 1 litre carafes with mint and cucumber for flavour. The onion chutney which comes along with the bread is also delicious.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope Rudy has mentioned La Sala Masala. Although the chef originally started up Pushkar and has an Indian food lineup the menu is changing. Felix's passion is for Asian food and he wants the menu to feature worldwide comfort food.
I believe he mentioned Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia as his dish sources.