Friday, November 09, 2007

Desde Barcelona...


Here are some pics from the Ojos de Brujo gig at the Roundhouse the other night. I have some great video clips too which I will sort out over the weekend.

Surfer tells me that there is something called the Cuban Music Awards going on at Floridita in Wardour Street tonight. I think the trumpeter in the pic above was Cuban because a bloke standing next to me kept shouting "vamo' coooba" whilst waving at him (and he doesn't seem to be part of the usual band line-up).

Meanwhile veteran Juan Luis Guerra basically cleaned up last night at the Latin Grammys. but Ojos de Brujo picked up the gong for Best Flamenco Album for Techarí. I wonder if they flew from London to Las Vegas to collect it?

Calle 13 got Best Urban Music Album for Residente o Visitante and Best Urban Song for Pal Norte. But mini-reggaetonero Miguelito lost out to some religious cack called Como se llega a Belén by Voz Veis. Arturo Sandoval got the award for Best Latin Jazz Album.

Here's Juan Luis Guerra's 'Best Song':

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shot of the trompetista! Ma' na'!

Too bad Juan Luis Guerra got all christ-y. I liked him beter in his "burbujas" days.